Friday, July 23, 2010

It's Been a While

Well, I haven't posted in a while, and the reasons are two-fold.

1. I haven't done much of anything worth sharing. and

2. No one is reading this anyway.

But I will persevere. I never, never give up (unless I am eating Mexican food, in which case, I must give up, or else I will regret the massive amount of food I just ate a little later).

So, I went to the beach, and that was fun, except for the fact that I have become so germophobic that I could hardly sleep in that bed without thinking of who might have been in it before me, and I couldn't get in the pool without coming back to the room to take the hottest, soapiest shower ever to wash away whatever might be floating around in there. But the kids had fun and we all made it back in one piece (and surprisingly, healthy), and that's what counts.

My summer vacation is rapidly winding down, with only 2 weeks to go before school starts. About this time each year, I begin feeling very excited about the newness of a new school year, but equally sad that my carefree summer days are almost over. It has been a relaxing summer, exactly what I needed.

So that's what's going on with me. Now, I'm going to go read, because in 2 more weeks, I won't have time to read anything but children's books. :)

No comments: