Thursday, July 8, 2010

Minivan Mama

You know that saying "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me"? Well that's pretty much how I feel about this particular topic: the minivan. Three years ago, I lost my mind and bought a powder blue minivan. I have one child. Why on God's green earth do I need seating for 7? Well, I succumbed to the pressure of all the other moms I know driving minivans and bought my own, and after about 6 months of not being able to fit into the parking place, and trying to figure out exactly how you go about washing a car that you cannot even touch the top of, I decided I was NOT a minivan mama.

So I sold the minivan and bought an Honda Accord. I LOVE this car. It is shiny and red, it has a sunroof, leather seats, a 6 cd changer (does anyone listen to cds anymore?), and is absolutely perfect for my little family of 3.

But....

I've been thinking. If I had a minivan, then Caylee could invite friends to go with her more. And my husband's family can ride WITH us when we go to the beach this year, and various other thoughts about the merits of a minivan. So, I confess, I am thinking about the minivan again. Last time, this didn't go over so well, so I'm really afraid of committing to a minivan again.

But...

I'm almost 3o now. I can be a minivan mama, right?

Lord, help me.

No comments: