Monday, January 10, 2011

Here I Go Again

I keep saying that I have this goal to journal or blog every day, but life always seems to get in the way. Isn't it funny how throughout your life you say, I'll have more time when I _________, but when that time arrives you find that you were foolishly mistaken. I digress.

My goal is to journal/blog about what God is teaching me, because boy, over the last couple of weeks, He has SLAMMED me. First, I watched Passion 2011 Live online and WOAH! I was so convicted about all the ways I've been living for myself, in my own power. Then, I started reading the book Radical: Taking Back Your Faith From The American Dream, and WHAM! Hit again! (Why does this post sound like an old Batman episode?)

How sad it is to me that so many people out there, like me, call themselves "Christians," but barely follow Christ at all. God knows I truly desire this in my heart, but all too often I coast through life as if on autopilot, just coasting on my own power from one day to the next. And I just can't help but think that he has a bigger plan for me. He has a bigger plan for all of us. He is able to do so much more than we can think or imagine, so why do we try to maintain control? Why on earth do we think we can do better? I have no idea. All I know is from this day forward, it is my prayer, that I will live radically. Not in a crazy way, but living in the belief that God is able to do more with me than I can do on my own and constantly listening for his leading and following. Life is too short to do otherwise.

No comments: